Location: Valhalla, New York
The Medical Technologist, CTEL performs a variety of technical cellular and immunotherapeutic procedures related to processing, storage, and evaluation of hematopoietic progenitor cells (HPC) for transplantation. All processing and procedures are conducted in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Tissue Practice, and in compliance with the requirements of all regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Performs cellular and immunotherapeutic procedures, including cell enrichment, cryopreservation, quantification, characterization, and potency testing of HPC products for transplantation.
- Performs processing and testing associated with investigational new drug protocols required by the FDA, such as expansion of varying cell types (e.g., CAR T cells, NK cells).
- Maintains all processing, procedures, and testing in compliance with all regulatory and accrediting agencies.
- Maintains aseptic techniques during processing of products to ensure the integrity, viability, and sterility of cellular products.
- Maintains frequent and timely communication with collection (Hematotherapy Department), bone marrow transplant coordinators, physicians, and quality assurance staff.
- Facilitates optimal patient care and program management through open and continuous communication with bone marrow transplant team members.
- Performs validation of laboratory equipment with various HPC products to ensure all equipment performs within acceptable parameters for production of cellular therapy products.
- Utilizes various computer systems and databases to enter, retrieve, and compile data, complete patient laboratory records, and prepares reports for review by laboratory director, quality assurance staff, and physicians.
- Maintains documentation systems and batch records in compliance with all regulatory requirements for HPC processing and procedures.
- Provides training for new technologists in the area of specialization.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Minimum of 4 years' experience with an understanding of hematology, transfusion medicine, stem cell biology and/or immunology.
BS/BA required, MS or PhD degree, preferred
Licenses / Certifications:
New York State Clinical Laboratory License from New York Education Department or Certificate of Qualification required; certification from American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP), preferred
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC