Recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one of the "World's Most Admired Companies," Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that doctors and patients need to make better healthcare decisions. They are pioneers in developing innovative diagnostic tests and advanced healthcare information technology solutions that help improve patient care.
With corporate headquarters in Secaucus, NJ, Quest Diagnostics is a Fortune 500 company traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: DGX) and included in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. With 2020 revenues of $9.44 Billion and approximately 50,000 employees and 6,600 patient locations across the US, Quest Diagnostics serves half of the physicians and hospitals in the US with their large variety of products and services.
The company offers the broadest access to diagnostic testing services through its network of laboratories and patient service centers and provides interpretive consultation through its extensive medical and scientific staff. Quest Diagnostics also provides services to employers, life insurance companies, other commercial labs, clinics, health plans, government agencies, and organizations involved in clinical trials research.
Approximately 150 million times each year, patients and their physicians rely upon Quest Diagnostics results to make important healthcare decisions and approximately one third of U.S. physicians - and many of the country's leading hospitals and health systems - relies on Quest Diagnostics healthcare information solutions to foster better patient care and outcomes.
* FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 7 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired status in the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
* Fortune magazine's Fortune 500 list
* Forbes(r) Global 2000
* Forbes(r)' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
* Forbes(r) 2020 America's Best Employers for Women for second consecutive year
* S&P 500
* Barron's 500
* Member of the Dow Jones(r) Sustainability World Index
* Included in the FTSE4Good, Calvert, and Ocean Tomo sustainability indices
* Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
* Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
* Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
* Listed on the Disability Equality Index(r) (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
* Named Top 23 'Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality' in New Jersey
* Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by scoring a perfect 100 on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2021 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) for the fifth consecutive year
* Achieved Cancer Gold Standard accreditation from the CEO Roundtable on Cancer, recognizing our actions to reduce the cancer risk of employees and their families
* Received C. Everett Koop National Health Award for Efforts to Promote Employee Health in 2020
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests -- such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count -- to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics' reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics' long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
* Deliver Innovative Solutions
* Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
* Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
* Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
The Senior Cytogenetics Director is responsible for providing clinical consultation to the clinical laboratory within her/his area(s) of expertise, which will maximize quality patient care and ensure continuous business growth throughout Quest Diagnostics. The incumbent will assume Technical Director/Clinical Consultant responsibilities as assigned by the Laboratory Director.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Utilizing laboratory procedures, diagnoses from body tissue, fluids, secretions, and other specimens, the presence and stage of diseases. Reviews, interprets and documents clinical test results within established turnaround times.
* Honors requests for consultations from clinicians regarding the appropriateness and interpretation of laboratory tests. Due to the importance of quality patient care, servicing consultation requests of all types is considered imperative.
* Provides inputs for new research developments in the appropriate fields of expertise. Makes recommendations on tests to develop consistent with mandates from the Chief Science Officer.
* Educational responsibilities- Provide educational programs for the medical and laboratory staff, and participates in educational programs of the Company. Assume Technical Supervisor or Clinical Consultant responsibilities in Cytogenetics as delegated by the Laboratory Director Responsibilities
* Skills/experience in medical publications is desired.
* Collaborates in reviewing test method selection and validation.
* Collaborates in ensuring that the proficiency testing program is conducted in a timely manner, reviewed by appropriate staff, and approve of corrective action when a proficiency testing result is found to be unsatisfactory.
* Collaborates in monitoring quality control to ensure that acceptable levels of analytical performance are maintained for each test system. Ensure that patient test results are reported only when the system is functioning properly.
* Collaborates in corrective action and preventative action plans and procedures.
* Collaborates in the annual review of Standard Operating Procedures for test systems.
* Collaborates in reviews of report format for appropriateness of clinical information communicated in areas of assigned expertise. Collaborates in review of interpretative reporting comments as needed.
* Collaborates professionally with Laboratory manager, supervisors, technologists and other laboratory operations staff. Collaborates in review of potential reference ranges for all new analyses in areas of assigned expertise. Collaborates in review of reference range memoranda for appropriate tests. Interacts with both internal (Client Services, Lab Services, Sales and Marketing) and external clients to facilitate and foster increased transfer of information related to medicine and science. Able to work with Sales staff throughout the company to provide appropriate medical scientific support as required. Able to Interact with Clinical Correlations staff.
* Attendance at National meetings in areas of assigned expertise to maintain/build knowledge and to provide representation for the company.
Experience, Education, and Licensure:
* Board Certified in Clinical Cytogenetics and preferred also Molecular Genetics by ABMGG and New York Licensed/eligible.
* At least five years of director/assistant director level practical experience in a Clinical Cytogenetics laboratory.
* Chromosomal microarray reporting experience is a must.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Should be prepared to demonstrate competence in their fields of practice. A sub-specialty certification may be important.
Progressive exposure to a field of Administration, Finance, Marketing or Human Resources are required.
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com , clicking "Job Search" and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Internal Number: 66194
About Quest Diagnostics
We are an industry leader with a longstanding reputation for exceptional quality and stability in our market. We inspire action, illuminate answers, and advocate better health.
At Quest Diagnostics, we are dedicated to continuously improving patient health. We are the world’s leading provider of diagnostic testing, services, and information that patients and doctors rely on to make better healthcare decisions.
Each day, we impact the lives of millions, serving one in three American adults. Our continuous pursuit to discover and innovate enables us to create new solutions every day, many of which are now industry standards of care. Diagnostic tests influence about 66% of clinical decision making.