Are you a person who is interested in working to save a life every day, making a tremendous contribution to your community, or becoming part of someone’s legacy? If so, Carolina Donor Services is seeking a positive, energetic, and highly motivated individual to join our team.
We are currently recruiting for a Tissue Donation Coordinator to work nights only.
Job Summary: The Tissue Donation Coordinator maximizes tissue recovery by applying specialized skills in medical assessment, family and health care team interactions, surgical recovery of donated tissues, and other activities.
1. Actively contributes to CDS’ core purpose, Making Donation Happen. Exhibits CDS’ mission to maximize the gift of organ and tissue donation by providing excellent service to internal and external customers. • Performs job functions in alignment with clarity message • Follows CDS policies, procedures and standards • Actively promotes a harmonious work environment • Consistently demonstrates team building and effective communications
2. Performs tissue recovery in a manner that maximizes quality of recovered tissues • Adheres to standard operating policies and protocols for surgical recovery • Demonstrates skillful use of surgical instrumentation and equipment • Demonstrates compliance with OSHA and other safety standards and guidelines • Demonstrates outcomes that are consistent with or better than acceptable standards • Packages and transports tissue according to policies and procedures • Leads recovery team to achieve a high level of efficiency and cooperation • Performs follow-up according to established standards and policies • Applies knowledge of medical criteria in evaluating potential donors
3. Completes case documentation completely and accurately. • Adheres to standards for communications and documentation • Documents case related data accurately and in a timely manner • Submits accurate documentation and paperwork on time
4. Utilizes supplies and material in an efficient and cost effective manner • Complies with CDS policy • Reports low par levels of stock to the appropriate person in a timely manner • Maintains clean, safe and organized CDS clinical space
5. Complies with quality assurance policies and procedures • Collects documentation in donor record and organizes material according to policy
6. Will maintain electronic medical record (EMR) access to all available hospitals • Utilizes medical information from remote or onsite EMR access to obtain and review available medical records • Maintains confidentiality of all patient and donor/recipient information
7. Performs other duties as assigned by Tissue Services Supervisor and/or Manager of Tissue Services
Physical Requirements: Lifting and/or carrying < 20lbs: Greater than 65% of the time Lifting and/or carrying < 50lbs: Less than 35% of the time Lifting and/or carrying < 100lbs: Less than 35% of the time
Work Environment: Normal office environment, normal hospital environment, operating room environment, some travel within service area.
Education: Associates Degree with a concentration in healthcare or one year experience in a clinical environment preferred. Surgical tech background, and/or EMS experience preferred.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration: CTBS certified or becomes CTBS within 2 years of eligibility.
Skills and Qualifications: Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology, demonstrated ability to work with surgical instrumentation, ability to function in high-pressure situations, knowledge of operating room environment, experience in form completion and documentation, commitment to organ and tissue donation. Valid state driver’s license required.
Internal Number: 1
About Carolina Donor Services
Carolina Donor Services is the federally designated organ procurement organization serving 6.1 million people in 79 counties of North Carolina and Danville, Virginia. Our service area includes 102 hospitals, and four transplant centers that perform heart, lung, liver, kidney, and pancreas transplants.
Our team of dedicated professionals work diligently to increase the awareness of the need for organ and tissue donors and to deliver the most sensitive approach to organ and tissue donation. We perform public and professional education, as well as coordinate the entire organ and tissue donation process.