Dakota Lions Sight & Health (DLSH) is a non-profit organization headquartered in Sioux Falls, SD with offices in Rapid City, SD, Bismarck, ND, and Fargo, ND, that is dedicated to helping restore the gifts of sight and health through eye and tissue donation and transplantation. We are seeking a motivated individual to join our team as the Regional Field Recovery Supervisor.
The Regional Field Recovery Supervisor is responsible for completing eye and tissue donation throughout the DLSH region and ensuring compliance with DLSH standard operating procedures, FDA regulations, EBAA and AATB Standards. The Regional Field Recovery Supervisor will work under the direction of the CEO and be responsible for maintaining daily clinical operations, engaging with lead technicians and recovery staff, maintaining recovery partnerships and general office duties. The Regional Field Recovery Supervisor will travel 50% of the time and will be required to fulfill on-call rotational needs.
Some of the essential functions of the position are as follows:
· Perform daily clinical operations including hiring & training of all full-time and part-time recovery technicians, maintaining compliance with established procedures, regulations, and standards, and providing proper documentation of clinical operations
· Demonstrates consistent ability to complete and supervise the eye and tissue recovery process to include recovery, shipment of recovered tissues, and donor reconstruction in a timely and professional manner.
Visit all DLSH facilities on a regular schedule to provide on-site training and support to staff.
Visit all recovery partners on a regular schedule to provide on-site training and support.
· Assists in maintaining documentation of cleaning of surgical equipment, storage equipment, and equipment used in recovery
· Ensures completeness of recovery documentation and works with the Medical Records Quality Specialist to complete donor chart corrections in a timely manner.
Maintains the on-call schedule and ensures proper coverage is in place for all locations.
· Overseeing supply levels and managing cost effectiveness of the clinical department
· Participation in strategic planning as needed
Education and Training Requirements are as follows:
· CEBT/CTBS preferred (upon completion, must be maintained in good standing while employed)
· Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as determined by the DLSH.
· Experience with eye or tissue banking, surgical assisting, instrument sterilization, quality systems, or medical equipment maintenance preferred
Internal Number: 050520
About Dakota Lions Sight & Health
Began operations in 1991. See www.sdletb.org for more details.