Job Summary: The Materials Control/Facilities Manager is responsible for coordinating building related services and maintenance of the Chapel Hill Building and is also responsible for the oversight of purchasing and managing inventory for clinical activities. Supports the mission of Carolina Donor Services, and reflects positively on the company.
1. Actively contributes to CDS’ culture, Making Donation Happen. Exhibits CDS’ mission to maximize the gift of organ and tissue donation by providing excellent service to internal and external customers. • Performs job functions in alignment with clarity message • Follows CDS policies, procedures and standards • Actively promotes a harmonious work environment • Consistently demonstrates team building and effective communications
2. Adheres to CDS policies and standards relating to building and operating systems. • Manages CDS medical equipment and maintenance • Develops and maintains a Strategic Facilities Plan • Oversees maintenance tasks as needed
3. Manages the Inventory Control System. • Ensures adequate supply/inventory par levels are maintained • Follows CDS purchasing policy and procedures • Investigates and resolves discrepancies of goods received and purchases clearing • Manages the physical inventory count process • Reports regularly on inventory, expiration, and quarantine release • Works with staff to transfer/stock supplies to work spaces
4. Actively assists with the CDS quality assurance process. • Routinely monitors and audits departmental performance • Measures and reports quality metrics for the Materials Department • Works with Chief Financial Officer to obtain best pricing by managing contracts
5. Ensures CDS clinical spaces are clean, safe and organized.
6. Develops and maintains a positive working relationship with key vendors and vendor representatives. • Negotiates with vendors to ensure fair pricing • Communicates with vendors to resolve problems that may arise regarding delivery, quality or condition of sale
7. Responsible for assuring adequate staff for the completion of supply ordering and sterilization of instruments.
8. Performs other duties as assigned by CDS management.
Lifting and/or carrying < 20 lbs: Greater than 65% of the time Lifting and/or carrying < 50 lbs: 35%-65% of the time Lifting and/or carrying < 100 lbs: Less than 35% of the time Work Environment: normal office environment, normal hospital environment, operating room environment
Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration: CFM, FMP, CTBS or CST preferred.
Skills and Qualifications: Minimum of 3 years’ experience in office or facilities management and 1-2 years supervisory experience preferred. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with a high level of integrity. Experience with inventory control software preferred. Strong leadership skills. Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology, ability to analyze and interpret data in high-pressure situations, knowledge of operating room environment, experience in form completion and documentation, commitment to organ and tissue donation.
Internal Number: 154
About Carolina Donor Services
Carolina Donor Services is the federally designated organ procurement organization serving 6.1 million people in 79 counties of North Carolina and Danville, Virginia. Our service area includes 102 hospitals, and four transplant centers that perform heart, lung, liver, kidney, and pancreas transplants.
Our team of dedicated professionals work diligently to increase the awareness of the need for organ and tissue donors and to deliver the most sensitive approach to organ and tissue donation. We perform public and professional education, as well as coordinate the entire organ and tissue donation process.