Job Summary: To establish and maintain working relationships with EMS/ME professionals in the CDS service area to enhance and improve out of hospital referral sources, and allow for donation opportunities in a timely and efficient manner.
1. Actively contributes to CDS’ core purpose, Making Donation Happen. Exhibits CDS’ mission to maximize the gift of organ and tissue donation by providing excellent service to internal and external customers Performs job functions in alignment with clarity message Follows CDS policies, procedures and standards Actively promotes a harmonious work environment Consistently demonstrates team building and effective communications
2. Establishes contacts among EMS agencies within CDS service area in order to increase referrals made by outside sources Provides training to agencies on proper referral practices Development of agreements, policies and procedures with EMS agencies Meets regularly with EMS agencies to review referral activity and propose improvements Seeks to identify and implement improvements to the donation process Maintains database of contacts and information about preferred contact information
3. Establishes and maintains relationships among Medical Examiners within CDS service area Establishes and maintains effective relationships by providing a high level of customer service through timely communication, presence and visibility Provide education, information and consultation to Medical Examiners and staff as needed to ensure that all aspects of the donation process are understood, supported, practiced and implemented
4. Provides training and feedback to CDS staff Shares survey and other data regarding technical and other issues raised by Medical Examiners and EMS agencies Teaches tips and techniques that can be integrated into CDS practice that will be helpful to EMS/ME Reviews CDS referral data to ensure timely and effective communication
5. Serves at the discretion of CDS management as CDS representative to professional groups. North Carolina Association of Emergency Medical Services National Associate of Medical Examiners Other professional societies as identified and pertinent
6. Submits quarterly development plans, including issues, goals, and strategies, and monthly activity report to Director of Tissue Operations
7. Performs other duties as assigned
Lifting and/or Carrying <20 lbs: Less than 35% of the time
Lifting and/or Carrying <50 lbs: Less than 35% of the time
Lifting and/or Carrying <100 lbs: Less than 35% of the time
Work Environment:Full time position working from home or remotely with reliable cell phone and internet access required. Travel to local EMS agencies, weekly tissue meeting at CDS office.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred, minimum two years’ experience in healthcare or related field.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration: Current and active state Driver’s License
Skills and Qualifications: At least 2 years EMT or paramedic experience desired. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills, demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology, knowledge of operating room environment, experience in form completion and documentation, commitment to organ and tissue donation.
Internal Number: 5
About Carolina Donor Services
Carolina Donor Services is the federally designated organ procurement organization serving 6.1 million people in 79 counties of North Carolina and Danville, Virginia. Our service area includes 102 hospitals, and four transplant centers that perform heart, lung, liver, kidney, and pancreas transplants.
Our team of dedicated professionals work diligently to increase the awareness of the need for organ and tissue donors and to deliver the most sensitive approach to organ and tissue donation. We perform public and professional education, as well as coordinate the entire organ and tissue donation process.