This position is responsible for providing a referral intake service for potential eye, tissue and organ donors, coordinate organ donors with Organ Team leaders, coordinate tissue donors with Tissue Team leaders, and counsel families for eye and tissue donations while obtaining Donor Risk Assessment Interviews that meet the regulatory standards for both Alabama Eye Bank and Alabama Organ Center.
- Minimum of at least 1 year of call center experience preferred
- Ability to interface with peers and hospital personnel on assignments
- Excellent telephone, communication, and customer service skills
- Basic knowledge of Pharmacology / medical terminology
- Basic knowledge of patient confidentiality laws
- Willingness to work weekend/evenings to complete task
- Ability to multi-task
- Position may require Saturday and/or Sunday work, holidays included
- Position may require evening/night shift work
- Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
Internal Number: 123
About Alabama Donor Services
Alabama Donor Services is part of the Alabama Eye Bank. ADS provides intake services for both the Alabama Eye Bank and the Alabama Organ Center. AEB started in 1969 and has continued to grow each year. The main office is located in Birmingham, Alabama with regional offices in Huntsville, Montgomery and Mobile. AEB is a non-profit that recovers tissue to be used for transplant and research; providing sight to individuals both domestically and internationally. AEB has given sight to individuals in over 55 countries. The AEB has been ranked as one of the top eye bank's in the US for the last 30 years. Our core values include integrity, excel, serve, innovate and lead. We employ close to 50 individuals in a family oriented environment who take great pride in their work each day.