Anatomy Lab Technician
MedCure is the leading non-transplant tissue bank devoted to compassionate, ethical services that connect whole body donors to medical research and education while providing innovation and opportunity for scientific medical advancements. Our valuable team is part of a mission that makes a difference in the lives of others every day! MedCure employees represent a leading organization that provides quality services to the medical science community. Our excellent reputation has been built through our compassion and stringent attention to detail. If you have been searching for a career with a fulfilling purpose and opportunities for advancement, apply today!
The Anatomy Lab Technician’s responsibility is to receive donors, draw serology tests, prepare anatomical specimens, and ensure proper shipment of specimens to researcher. While escorting a BioSkills lab, the Anatomy Lab Technician’s primary responsibility is to ensure customers’ labs run as smoothly and efficiently as possible. The Anatomy Lab Technician works closely with physicians and researchers during labs, receiving & preparing specimens, setting up the lab including proper positioning & draping of the anatomical specimens, assisting during the course, proper repackaging and shipping of specimens and cleaning of lab and instruments.
Positive, can-do attitude, outstanding problem solving skills, attention to detail, strong communication skills, full time travel and knowledge of anatomy are a must.
- Be accountable for OSHA compliance.
- Ensure proper disposal of biohazard materials.
- Procurement of anatomical specimens.
- Preparation of shipments, tracking inventory, ensuring delivery.
- Drawing of serology.
- Maintain adequate surgical and lab supplies for your personal bin.
- Must be extremely flexible team player, adaptable to constant change.
- Position requires travel up to 15% of the time.
- Stand for extended periods of time.
- Lift at least 100 lbs. consistently
- Speak English clearly and fluently
- Complete tasks using computer software at an average skill level
- Provide excellent customer service via all instruments of communication
- Comfortably interact with researchers and physicians.
The actions and decisions of the Anatomy Lab Technician have a direct correlation to the company’s revenue and operations. Decisions and actions may have a strong impact on reputation and/or customer satisfaction. The Anatomy Lab Technician will frequently make independent decisions and actions are guided by clearly stated standards, parameters and processes. Anatomy Lab Technician works under a low to normal level of supervision.